But for children aged 3 to 5, if you focus on winning your own pieces, you will always forget to block your opponent's offense. When the child realizes that he needs to stop the opponent from forming a three-line line, he often forgets to arrange his own game. . This kind of confrontational thinking is an excellent exercise for the child's brain.
The Influence of Tic Tac Toe on Children's Cognitive Development
1. Open the confrontational thinking mode
Adults can understand the rules of the game of Tic Tac Toe: Only the opponent makes a mistake and can win, so there is no winning strategy, and the final game goal is a draw.
But for 3-5 year olds, it takes some training to understand the purpose of this confrontation. For example, in an experiment at Carnegie Mellon University in 1993, the researchers asked a 5-year-old child to play the game and found that if the child wants to win his own piece, he will always forget to block the opponent’s attack. Failure; when the child realizes that he needs to stop the opponent from forming a three-game line, he often forgets to arrange his own game. Therefore, the confrontational chess class requires the child to operate two sets of thinking modes at the same time: to organize their own offense and to observe the opponent for defense. This mode of thinking is an excellent exercise for the child's brain. This is very different from their previous games. Tic Tac Toe allows children to initially understand the "strategy" required for a confrontational game.
2. Develop logical mathematics thinking
In Tic Tac Toe, the opponent's next move can be highly predicted. This predictability will promote the child's strategic thinking. By observing, disassembling the opponent's next step or even a few steps will be, considering how to stop the other party. This thinking training is very straightforward and effective in the Tic Tac Toe game. This kind of predictive thinking will encourage children to develop logical mathematics thinking and help them to better adapt to the study of mathematics and engineering in the future.
3. Help children understand the rules
The tic-tac-toe game has clear rules that are clear and concise. Playing the game in accordance with the rules can promote the social development of children. When a child enters school, most of the creative work in the future is generated under the conditions of “boundary” and “conditional”. Perceiving and obeying rules during game play can help them adapt to “indicative work” as early as possible.
4. Improve your child's social emotional intelligence
In the training of Tic Tac Toe, children should learn to think from the perspective of the other party and guess the wishes and needs of the other party. This mode of thinking allows children to empathize and understand how to reach an agreement to resolve conflicts.
5. Improve resistance to frustration
If there is confrontation, there will be wins and losses. The sooner the child can bear the taste of “losing”, and the “failure” can be turned into a growth engine, the better the fun of learning, and the courage to improve themselves in the competition.
How to guide children to play tic-tac-toe
1. First of all, the child can start to introduce Tic Tac Toe when he is three years old, but the children of this age are usually busy building a three-game line. They look at their own chess and do not understand the need for defense. But this is a process of familiarizing yourself with the rules. After accumulating a certain amount of experience, children over four years old will begin to block the opponent's offense and begin to have "strategy."
2. When you first introduce Tic Tac Toe, you can explain the rules while playing. But be careful to let the children do the "first move." The first hand has an advantage, the chance of winning is great, and when the game is introduced, it is sure to create more opportunities for the child to "win."
3. When playing tic-tac-toe with her children, she will always want to win, no defense, so she will remind her to watch the opponent's chess from time to time: there are already two children in a line!
4. Once the child begins to realize the defense, don't always remind her how to take the next step. Let the child experience the cause and effect and try to make a mistake and come up with his own answers and strategies. This stage is the most capable of exercising her brain power!
5. To protect the child's enthusiasm for competition, adults should observe the child's sensitivity to "loss". If the resistance to frustration is still weak, be careful to create more opportunities for the child to win. If the child's "resistance" has increased, adults can play to the level and compete with the child!